J.L. Kraft purchased the land on which Kraftwood is situated in the early 1920’s. It was a large swath of land along the western shore of Lake Machkinosiew, five miles west of Elcho, Wisconsin. Over the years, buildings and gardens and people have come and gone, but never has the beauty of the north woods waned. Let’s take a journey through the past, the present, and the future of Kraftwood and it’s once-famous gardens.